Chris Buckley from Teacher's Supply Depot shows viewers the fun arts and crafts projects children will make for free from reclaimed materials when they attend the Earth Day Ecology Fair at the Jacksonville Landing on April 21, 2012.
Earth Day Children’s Activities
1. Earth Day Binders – Decorate a reusable three ring binder using environmental stickers made from peel and stick vinyl.
2. Book Marks – Create your own bookmark from reusuable materials.
3. Foam Creatures – Use sequins, paint and other items to make fun creatures made from carpet foam and mount on a stick.
4. Toss and Catch Game – Create your own game using a cardboard tube, string, and water bottle cap.
5. CD Snail – A recycled CD transforms into a snail to show your friends.
6. Mother’s Day Crafts – Use a CD case to create a special Mother’s Day card or other artwork to be display proudly. Put together a special pot of flowers listing chores you will do for Mom each day as she picks a flower.
7. Sun Visors – Protect your face from the sun as you design your own visor using ink stamps on colored file folders then add elastic to easily wear.
8. Chirping Chicks – Using plastic cups, paper strips, felt pieces, wiggle eyes, string and a piece of sponge, create your own chirping chick that will cheep at your desire.
9. Face Painting – Face painters will be on hand to turn your face into a work of art.
10. Friendship Bracelets – Turn braided cord, plastic pieces and pony beads to create a friendship bracelet to share with someone special.
11. Enviro Gift Boxes and Note Cards – Colored file folders turn into your hand designed gift box and stationery. Add your own designs.
12. Toilet Paper Tube Owl – Turn your toilet paper tube into an owl with cupcake papers as wings and feathers. Save and mount several on a tried branch for fall.
Don't hesitate to contact us with your questions or comments. Please see our Contact Us page for complete contact information.